Serving: approx 6 people /// Cooking time: 30 mins
- 10 cups water
- 5-6 tbsp Boon Broth
- 1 large carrot, sliced thin
- 4 cups pasta of choice
- Fresh thyme (optional)
- Fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
Vegan Chicken Ingredients:
- 2 cups soy curls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp vegan chicken seasoning
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp fresh thyme
- ⅛ tsp basil
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- In a medium-sized pot add the 10 cups of water and 5 tbsp of Boon Broth, whisk until well combined.
- Next, thinly slice the carrot, and then add the carrots and a few sprigs of fresh thyme to the pot.
- Turn on your stove to high-medium heat and cook the broth until the carrots are soft (this should take about 15 minutes).
- Next, place your soy curls in a bowl of water to rehydrate them. This should take 10 minutes. When done, remove from the water.
- To a medium-sized frying pan add 2 tbsp of olive oil and all of the vegan chicken spices. Toss in the soy curls, and cook for approx 6-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the 4 cups of pasta following the instructions on the box. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain the water and add the noodles to the soup broth.
- At this time everything should be done cooking. You can remove everything from the stove. To serve, scoop 1½ – 2 cups of the soup into a bowl, add some of the soy curl chicken strips on top, and garnish with fresh thyme and parsley. Enjoy!
- You can add the soy curls to the pot if you’d like, however I find they keep their “chicken-y” flavour much better if you keep them separate. As well, the soy curls will continue to expand if you keep them in water.